In a time when the world desperately needs the Church of Jesus Christ, churches all across the globe are closed.
This is an unprecedented time in history. Schools and churches have shut down. Millions have lost their jobs, and millions more are quarantined.
I, personally, am sick and tired of hearing about COVID-19. But there are millions of people right now living in fear and panic. And in the natural, they have no reason not to.
Without God, what protection is there against COVID-19?
When you buy all the masks and all the toilet paper and clean all the doorknobs and stay away from all the people, Who is doing things you hadn’t thought of?
Who is protecting you from the germs on the last cart you pushed? From the last doorknob you touched? From the last breath you breathed? And God forbid, if you caught the virus for which there is no medical treatment, Who is sustaining you?
Without God, it’s easy to see why the world is in upheaval.
It’s a scary time for people who don’t know God and don’t know the Prince of Peace.
In a time when they need God now more than ever, churches across the globe are closed.
But one thing the world can’t quarantine is faith.
Anyone with a brain can clearly see that the antichrist spirit is in the world today. The devil is doing everything he can to turn people away from God and to deny God’s existence. He is using the tools of abortion, sexual perversion, family structure destructions, and censorship, to name just a few.
But now is not the time for the Church of Jesus Christ to curl up in a little ball and die. The antichrist spirit can only win if the Church stays quiet. If Jesus tarries another 40 years, what kind of world are we leaving to our grandchildren?
Better yet, what kind of world are we living in right now, and how does this relate to COVID-19?
It’s time for the Church to be the Church.
People desperately need God. People are hungry, desperate, and broken.
You are the only Bible most people will ever read. Who can you tell about Jesus and His peace today? Who can you call, text, or email to check up on? How many of your friends are saved? How can you introduce them to the only true Hope we have during this outbreak of COVID-19?
That’s why today, I put aside my health issues. I put aside my personal problems. I rendered it irrelevant to the message I share with you today: reach out and be the Church.
20 Ways to Be the Church During Coronavirus Quarantine
1. Text a friend and ask them if anyone has ever told them that God loves them and has a wonderful plan for their life.
3. Offer to get groceries or other necessities for eldery neighbors.
4. Share the broadcast services of your church. Due to algorithms, Christian posts generally only get seen by other obvious Christians. If you create and link to the post yourself, it will have a better chance of being seen by more people.
5. Even if you’re not a minister, you have a testimony. You have Jesus in you to share. Get on Instagram live and talk about what Jesus has done for you and what He can do for others.
6. Repost the daily verse images from YouVersion on social media.
7. Send a letter to someone offering encouraging verses and prayers.
8. Sell your old clothes using a service like ThredUp or something similar and send the money to hurting families.
9. Support your local businesses by ordering takeout and let them know you’re praying for their success.
10. Reach out to the hurting and lonely. Being isolated is hard on people—young and old. Make it a part of your day to reach out and encourage someone.
11. Ask people for specific prayer requests. With more free time, we have more time to focus on praying for others. God doesn’t just hear our prayers… He answers so we can help people see breakthroughs in every area.
12. Speak positively. We’re going through chaotic times; no one needs another dose of negativity to bring them down. Make it a point to speak life, hope, healing, and the love of God to everyone you talk with.
13. Forward this encouraging email containing a prayer about COVID-19 to your friends.
14. Mail a gift of encouragement to a friend.
15. Show love and prefer your family if you are quarantined with your family. Prefer them for the sake of peace. Everyone’s a little cranky, but the love of God can cover it all.
16. Offer to video chat with someone lonely.
17. Start a group chat just for sharing encouraging verses or resources to brighten everyone’s day.
18. Use some of your emergency savings to bless hurting families.
19. Give unused gift cards (to places like grocery stores and restaurants) to hurting families.
20. Be bold. Don’t be afraid to share Jesus with others during this time. Don’t let your fear of others get in the way of sharing what the world so desperately needs to hear right now.
In summary, now is the hour of the Church of Jesus Christ.
If we have any hope of reaching a lost and dying world, we need to push past the fear of others and show them Jesus.
I encourage you to pick just one thing from this list and do it right now. If every Christian just won one person to Jesus a day, and those people each won one person a day, the entire globe would be saved in a very short time. The world would be transformed almost overnight.
All that has to happen for evil to prevail is for the good guys to stay silent.
So don’t be silent. COVID-19 might have quarantined you to your house, but it can’t silence your voice.
What one thing from this list can you do today? Do you have an idea to add to the list?