Hey, guys! Happy Monday! Wow, we’re halfway through the first Mondays with Madi series — doesn’t it seem like it’s going by so quickly? I’m really glad you guys are a part of it! I truly love reading all your comments. You guys are so encouraging and it’s been my prayer that I’m able to encourage you guys, too!
For this fifth way to kick the devil’s butt in your everyday life, I’ve turned to my journal from during Next Level, an elite ministry training group I graduated from last year. I can’t wait to share what I’ve learned and expound on it a little with you!
Prepare to get your butt kicked, dummy defeated devil. ?
5. Know Who You Are
As my wonderful friend Lainey mentioned in her blog post, 5 Lies About Your Identity that the World Desperately Wants You to Believe, we can see that there are many twisted things with which the world wants to define us. I’ll be straight-up with you… they’re lies from the pit of hell!
As Christians, what defines us? Are we what the world says about us and what we need to be? Do we have our identity in them?
If we’re born again Believers, our identity is found in Jesus! 2 Corinthians 5:17 says…
This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!
Say “bye-bye, old life!” When Jesus comes into our hearts and makes us new, He defines us. He values us as so special and precious that He died for us. We have our identity in Him — not what the world says and what the devil wants us to believe about ourselves.
The devil so desperately wants you to get your identity confused. He doesn’t want you to know who you are in Christ Jesus.
Which is why I’m going to tell you exactly who GOD says you are.
Who does God Say I Am?
- I am BLESSED — Numbers 23:8, 20, Genesis 1:26-28
- I am LOVED — Romans 8:37-39, John 3:16, Romans 5:8
- I am FREE from the law of sin and death — Romans 8:2
- I am a NEW CREATURE in Christ — 2 Corinthians 5:17
- I am MORE than a CONQUEROR — Romans 8:37
- I am seated in Heavenly places with Christ — Ephesians 2:6
- I am FREE — John 8:36, Galatians 5:1
- I am the Righteousness of God in Christ — 2 Corinthians 5:21
- I am the Temple of the Holy Ghost — 1 Corinthians 3:16, 6:19
- I am GOD’S servant — Psalm 116:16, Mark 10:45 → John 12:26 → John 10:27
- I am FEARFULLY and WONDERFULLY made (I was the one who suggested this one during the NL meeting!) — Psalm 139:14
- I am STRONG in the Lord — Ephesians 6:10
- I am an OVERCOMER — 1 John 4:4, 5:5, Revelation 12:11
And we didn’t stop there!
Names and Titles of Me
- Assembly of the Upright — Psalm 111:1
- Body of Christ — Romans 12:5
- Bride of Christ — Revelation 21:9
- God’s Building — 1 Corinthians 3:9
- Habitation of God — Ephesians 2:22
- House of God — 1 Timothy 3:15
- Household of God — Ephesians 2:19
- Lamb’s Wife — Revelation 19:7, 21:9
- Temple of God — 1 Corinthians 3:16
- Ambassadors — 2 Corinthians 5:20
- Fishers of men — Matthew 4:19
- Laborers — Matthew 9:38
- Messengers — 2 Corinthians 8:23
- Ministers of the Church — Colossians 1:25
- Ministers of Christ — Romans 15:16
- Ministers of God — 2 Corinthians 6:4
- Ministers of the Gospel — Ephesians 3:7
- Ministers of the Lord — Joel 2:17
- Ministers of the Word — Luke 1:2
- Preachers — Romans 10:14
- Witnesses — Acts 1:8
- Believers — Acts 5:14
- Christians — Acts 11:26
- The elect — Matthew 24:22 (This might be my favorite — THE ELECT. Is that epic or WHAT?)
- Heirs — Romans 4:13
- Light — Matthew 5:14
- Children of God — John 1:12
- Vessels of honor — 2 Timothy 2:22
Woah! Can you believe the Bible has that much to say about our identity and who we are in Christ Jesus? It’s important to know who GOD says we are. That way we know a lie from the TRUTH.
If a thought EVER crosses your mind that you are ugly, not special, not worth anything… that’s the devil speaking. A quick tip to remember — anytime the devil speaks, he’s lying. The Bible literally calls him the father of all lies (John 8:44). The Bible also says to take every thought captive (2 Cor. 10:5) — if the devil lies to you, resist him and he will flee (James 4:7) by quoting the Word of God to refute that lie! God has the best as well as my favorite mic drops ever.
Yeah, no. I am fearfully and wonderfully made according to Psalm 139:14.
“Nobody loves you.”
That could never be more wrong, silly devil. God loves me so much, He sent His Son down from Heaven to die for me as stated in John 3:16. When He spread His arms out on the Cross, He looked 2,000 years in the future, saw me and said “This is for you.”
“You’re not worth anything.”
Like, what does that even mean? I just told you Jesus Christ died and then rose again for MOI.
“*screams in terror* I CAN’T STOP THIS GIRL! SHE KNOWS WHO SHE IS IN CHRIST JESUS! AUGHHH! What does it take to get her down?!”
Our confidence is in Christ and Christ alone! When we know who we are and have our identity securely and solely in Jesus, we won’t let the world take us down with the lies the devil wishes we would believe.
Kick his butt and know who God says you are — He’s got the final Word on the matter. His infallible, unchanging, eternally flawless Word.
What is your favorite thing that God says you are?
Mine has to be ministers of the Gospel, the elect, ambassadors, more than conquerors, strong in the Lord — oops, I have more than one favorite. ?